The scientific support of the clinic is carried out by a scientific advisory board, which includes individuals and representatives from the following institutes:
- Competence center for complementary medicine and naturopathy Munich of the Technical University Deggendorf
- TCM-University Peking, VR China
- University of Witten/Herdecke
- Department of Prevention and Rehabilitation at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt / Main
- Institute for Pharmaceutical Science of the Department of Pharmacognostics at the Karl-Franzens-University Graz / Austria
- TCM-Klinik Bad Kötzting, First German Clinic for Traditional Chinese Medicine
- TCM-School Bad Kötzting
- German Medical Association for Acupuncture e.V.
The Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board of the TCM-Klinik Bad Kötzting is Prof. Dr. med. Dieter Melchart.
It is the task and concern of the scientific advisory board to support the work of the clinic in an advisory capacity, as well as to scientifically document and process the therapy procedures in order to enable medical transparency according to western criteria, so that generally valid statements about the possibilities and limits of TCM are possible. The goals of the scientific monitoring are therefore the research and comparison of diagnostic methods and therapeutic procedures, the research of the medicinal products used in TCM and the organization of medical training and further education seminars. The results of the research work are published regularly in clinical reports and in international journals.
The TCM health portal is a logical consequence of the accompanying scientific research and the continuous further development of our offers according to the needs of our patients. With this internet-based tool, we give our patients access to comprehensive learning and information systems, both in European and traditional Chinese preventive medicine.